Monday 4 May 2015

Introduction- a quick hello!

Hello to all my readers,

This is my new blog! Thanks for making coming to have a look. If you stumbled here by accident- here is a little about me: My name is Matt Hoss! I am 21 years old and I am Stand-Up Comedian and I run my Sketch-Show Company called Hosstages. I also perform Improv as well.  I'm also a student of Comedy Studies. That means I both perform Stand-up Comedy and study the academia behind it. I've done a lot of other cool stuff  which I have under my belt too, for example I can play Dragonforce's Through The Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero 3 on expert difficultly. Ladies, my contact details are the bottom of the page.  



This is a picture of me by the way. And I like long walks on the beach.

So this Matt Hoss' Beyond The Blog. I know what you are thinking: "Blogs? He is doing a blog?! Everyone does blogs nowadays- more Blogs than bloody people! This won't be interesting". Well that's where you are (probably) wrong. I'm calling this "Beyond The Blog". Now for the comedy savvy amongst you, this a reference to the comedy critic: Bruce Dessau's website Beyond The Joke. There will be a lot of niche references throughout. Try to catch-up.

But I've called this Beyond The Blog, for another reason other than Plagiarism and that is because though this space does act as a blog, it also acts a platform for so many other things. I intend for this platform to show reviews that I have written. I will show extracts from my personal and private gig diary. I will discuss something comedic that happened to me in my week. I will do mini-essays and articles of things that interest me. I may discuss some observations and philosophy. The foundation and the progress of my stand-up pieces will appear here.  And if you are really lucky, maybe you will see some video clips of what i'm up to.So it goes BEYOND the BLOG. Gettit? Hilarious.

Also please note: Though my writing will lean towards a comedic approach, some pieces will not necessary intend to be funny. You will be able to tell with the tone of the piece what I am going for. Or sometimes I may just be shit yet trying to be funny. But you will never know.

Oh well.

So that's me. Please read my stuff and support me! Follow me and share with your mates.

You can find me on Facebook  and you can Follow me on Twitter too! Please Like my page, follow me and share the things I do. I genuinely appreciate it when people like my things and share my content.
 If you want to see me perform, send me a message on facebook or twitter and I will let you know when  I'm near your neck in the woods. I'm pretty funny onstage so I'm not to be missed.

I will be uploading a review piece as soon as possible! Check it out.

Best wishes,
Matt Hoss


No comments:

Post a Comment